Who are we?
This website is run by Great War Literature Publishing LLP (“Great War Literature“, “we”, “us” and “our”) a company registered in England under company number OC311710 and whose offices are located at Forum House, Stirling Road, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 7DN, United Kingdom.
You may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we collect information and what do we do with it?
We collect your information in different ways.
Some information we collect when you give it to us, for example when you give it to us by:
- Signing-up to a newsletter or email;
- Entering a competition or a promotion;
- Ordering book or other products or services from us;
- Registering on one of our websites; or
- Completing your profile or adding a comment on one of our online communities.
We use the information we have about you in the following ways:
- To send you newsletters and information about books and authors you have subscribed to or which we think will interest you;
- To provide you with information on products or services we think might interest you based on your preferences;
- If you are a member of any of our online communities, to access them and use their various functions;
- To participate on any of our forum, notice boards or other interactive content;
- To allow you to enter competitions and contact you about them;
- To process any orders for good or services you have purchased from us, and to contact you about them;
- To look at and respond to any messages, complaints or other queries you might send us; and
- To notify you about any changes to any of our websites, services or products.
Where you have given your consent we may pass your information on to carefully selected third parties to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
We may also approach you (ourselves or via a third party) to ask you questions to help us improve our websites and the goods and services we offer e.g. by asking you to participate in a survey about topical issues conducted by us or trusted partners or third parties. We will always let you know before you participate in any survey how any information you provide will be used.
User’s aged 16 and under
If you are aged 16 or under please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to Great War Literature’s website. We do not permit or encourage users who are 16 or under to provide us with personal information without the appropriate consent.
In order to provide you with best experience we can we use “cookies” on some of our websites. Cookies are small text files placed on your computer, they collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information which allows us to follow how you are using our websites and customise our services to your needs: e.g. customise content and advertising to your tastes, identify you and maintain your signed-in status to our websites.
You can change the settings on your browser to not accept cookies, however some features of our website may not work or may not be accessible to you if do.
For more information about cookies visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
Online communities and social networks
If you are a member of one of our online communities some of your information, such as your user name, may be visible to other people, as will any postings you make on the sites. As such you should always exercise care not to disclose private information when posting information on our websites, in your profile or in communications with other users of our websites.
We also do not tolerate spam, unrequested, commercial or harassing correspondence sent to other users of the sites via our website forums or other message boards, and we reserve the right to suspend the membership of any user who sends messages of this kind.
You should always keep any password used to access your account or profile secret, and should not share it with anyone else. It is your responsibility to keep your password secure and you should contact us immediately if you think someone else has access to your account.
Amending your personal data
You can amend or remove the data we hold about you at any time by following these steps:
- To unsubscribe from a newsletter, click on the unsubscribe link in the email you have received from us.
- To amend your profile on the greatwarliterature.co.uk store go to the ‘My Account’ section while you’re logged in.
- If you would like to find out what information we hold on you or would like us to remove all of your information from our database or have any questions about privacy issues, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Disclosure of information to third-parties
All information you provide to us is stored, encrypted on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may also share your data with third-parties who are providing us with services to help with our business operations and provide the websites to you.
Where a lawful request is made to us we also reserve the right to access and disclose your personal information to governments, law enforcement agencies or other parties whose request we reasonably consider to be justified to comply with any law.
All data is held in line with the best security practices. Servers are in a secure data centre with appropriate physical security measures including access control, fire management and power backup. Data communications lines are diversely routed through different transit (bandwidth) providers. All unused services and accounts are disabled, account lockout policies are tight, strong passwords are used on all accounts. All servers are promptly patched with the latest security updates. All digital servers use up-to-date antivirus software which is updated multiple times each day.
This policy was last updated on 18th October, 2013.